J A n005 plain card disc letter e L Copper Uppercase Letter L E

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What's Ahead...Classrooms in the Future


It is weird to think about what classrooms will look like in the future. Five years doesn't seem like much, but at the rate we are improving and expanding technology, I can only imagine what tools will be in the classroom then.


People talk about all students having school via computers. While this may happen someday, I do not see this across the board five years down the road. However, I would not be surprised to see technology adjust and advance what the classroom looks like.


There will probably be many more computers available to students in the actual classroom. Tools like SMART Boards will have advanced even more and will probably still be used in classrooms.


Many things will go from being paper assignments to on-line, or computer assignments. This will be interesting to see what systems work for turning in work, grading work, receiving input on work, and even how much is what students know verses how much the technology aided their assignment.


All that said- education is education. No matter how it happens- people learning is the goal. Therefore, it will be exciting to grow in technology so that we can prepare the next generation to live in a world that is ever-improving and adding technology.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I actually had not thought of the issues involved with electronic homework. As you said, how can it be graded, and how can we know that it's authentic? Everyone assumes that technology is always good. Yet, while it presents some advantages, it also requires/will require significant adjustment. I agree with you that learning is the ultimate goal; therefore, we need to determine whether technology will hinder or help that goal.