For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a teacher! I used to play school everyday, write on my white-board, and spend countless hours teaching lessons to an invisible class. However, now I am quickly approaching the day when I will have a real classroom of students who I am responsible for educating! I am very excited to live out my dream career. Except, to me teaching is not just a career- it is a calling. My calling.
My goal is to teach first grade at an inner-city school. I want to create an atmosphere where my students can come and feel loved, accepted, and safe. I desire to equip my students with the knowledge they need to become successful people, breaking the chain of poverty and despair. It is my goal to make a positive impact in the lives of my students by caring for them, encouraging them, and teaching them.
The closer I finally get to living out this dream, the more I cannot believe it is about to become a reality! I am very excited to be a first grade teacher- I look forward to helping kids realize and tap into their unlimited potential!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I love seeing your passion for teaching and how that passion was evident at an early age. With your God-given passion you will be able to touch and change the lives of many children. Have you read any books by Jonathan Kozol? We have six of them here in our library. He writes about students in inner-city schools and paints a realistic picture of the needs, especially the need for teachers like you who truly care for inner-city kids and families. I think I read Savage Inequalities: Children in America's Schools, but you might want to read one of his newer titles.
I think that you would be a great inner-city school teacher, especially with the younger elementary school kids. I love having you in class, especially P.E. You're a joy (does that sound too much like a grandma?) You will be a great teacher and I am glad I get to share this experience with you.
I know you are going to be a great teacher. I can see it in you when you stand at the front of a class. I think it is great that you want to work in an inner-city school, I do not know if I could ever do that!
Post a Comment