For this assignment, I looked up sites for five different categories that I feel are vital to a first grade learning experience. These sites provide many resources for teachers!
The first category I have is entitled, "Multiple Intelligences." This section has a few resources that define what the intelligences are as well as appliciable ways for teachers to integrate all the intelligences in the classroom. By using these tools and applying the tips of teaching to the intelligences, teachers can provide an effective and memorable learning experience for all students. Check out these sites to learn more about Gardner's intelligences and how you, as a teacher, can apply them even in a first grade setting. Click here to learn more about the intelligences and how to integrate them into the classroom!
"Classroom Funding" is my second category of resources. While this section is not specifically geared toward first grade, these sites provide a way for teachers with low budgets to gain the tools they need to teach effectively! Click here to see my favorite site called "Donor's Choose" where people around the world can choose to give towards a need YOU have in your classroom! These sites are a great way for community members to unite with teachers to help create the best classroom and atmosphere for learning!
Thirdly, "Curriculum Supplements" is a category exploding with helpful resources! Most of these are all free, however, at times some sites like these require one to become a member in order to have complete access to the entirity of the site. These sites include everything from lesson plans to reproducibles and even games that teachers can integrate into the curriculum. Click here to be connected to a great resource providing teacher support as well as printable lessons and activities!
The fourth category I have is for teachers, and it is called "Resources for Teachers in Washington State." These resources are great for teachers, especially the OSPI site as it spells out what the students are required to learn in specific grades; click here to check out the OSPI site! The district sites are also helpful tools for teachers as they provide information on the schools, and activities of their community. These tools are great to prepare and equip teachers to be effective and accurate in planning the curriculum as well as the calendar!
My final category of teacher resources is called "Tips for Working with Students with Special Needs." These sites are imperative to teachers as they cover the need and how to accomadate these students in the main classroom. I currently am taking a class on special needs and my professor gave some great insight the other day; He said that we do not need to know every special need, just the needs in our classrooms. This is encouraging as a future teacher! Once you know the needs represented in your classroom, these sites are a great starting place to discover how to effectively reach and teach these students! Click here for a great starting place for your own research!
I hope you find all of these resources as helpful as I have found them to be! There are so many more sites and resources out there, but these are the ones that have become some of my favorite and most helpful sites! Happy researching :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Janelle, Janelle, Janelle!
I loved your assignment and how you formatted it (the click here was way cool). The school where I am observing is a lower income school and thus, a loooooow budget too. I plan on showing my cooperating teacher your blog and info-nice job!
Post a Comment